Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Was Yesterday - Let's Crank It Up

Hi Readers,

I always really enjoy Christmas - for about 1 1/2 days. Then it is time to get back to reality. One of my pet peeves is that far too many people go at half speed (or less) from the weekend before Thanksgiving until into the new year.

What a waste in productivity for them personally, their business or employer, and for our country. Sorry, I will try to suppress the rant that I feel coming.

Don't get me wrong. Spending time with friends and relatives is absolutely wonderful. But it does not justify putting life on hold for six weeks!

Carol and I spent about 24 hours with Tim and Amy and two of our grandchildren. They spoiled us with a rib roast cooked on the grille and Tim surprised me by having my favorite Scotch, Johnny Walker Blue Label (it is incredibly smooth), on hand for a Christmas toast.

Tyler is almost 5, so he was really into Christmas. Yes, the family buried him with gifts and I had fun playing with his new toys. That's the great part of being a grandfather!

Now I am back into getting things done. How about you?

Until Next Time,

Chuck Trautman

No comments: